Covid 19 Updates
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 plan, please contact Principal Kristin McHugh.
Email : KMcHugh3@schools.nyc.gov
Address: 155 Tompkins Ave, SI, NY, 10304
Technology and Troubleshooting
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- If your child still needs a laptop or tablet, fill out the Remote Learning Device Request to reserve your device.
- If you are using your own device, make sure it meets the ILearnNYC System Check.
- If you do not have internet access at home, LOCAL INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER is providing free connection for families earning less than $50,000 per year with students learning at home COVID 19 Free WIFI offerings.
- If you are having trouble connecting to Google Class, Google Hangouts, or any of our online learning resources, contact our Hungerford Tech team at: hungerfordtech@NYCDOE.onmicrosoft.com
Blended Learning Schedule Fall 2020
We are starting the school year with a blended learning schedule. That means that your child will be in school some days and working from home some days.
- Group A will be in school on Weeks 1 and 3.
- Group B will be in school on Weeks 2 and 4.
- Group D students which chose all remote learning will have a complete remote learning schedule.
- Students needing extra academic support are encouraged to attend teachers office hour sessions scheduled daily.
- If you need to switch your child's in-school learning days, contact your site supervisor.
The school times at each site will be as follows
Main: 8:40AM-2:10 PM
NDHS: 8:30 AM-2:00 PM
JPC: 8:10 AM-1:40PM
IS24: 8:10 AM-1:40 PM
Lifestyles: 8:10 AM-1:40 PM
Community Resources: 8:10 AM-1:40 PM
THS: 8:30 AM-2:00 PM
McKee HS: 7:33AM-12:53 PM
Project Search: 8:10 AM-1:40 PM
Remote Learning Schedule and Expectations
Blended learning combines in-class instruction and at-home learning. This allows us to limit the number of students in the building each day for safe social distancing, while still ensuring that students can benefit from direct interaction with teachers and peers.
- During days in class, teachers will provide direct whole-class instruction and small-group instruction. These days will be used primarily to introduce new topics, provide small group and one-on-one instructional support, and conduct assessments to monitor student progress towards standards and IEP goals.
- Students will be assigned additional activities to work on independently for there at-home learning days and follow a remote learning schedule for live instruction. These activities will allow students to apply and practice what they learned in class. At-home learning activities are an important part of the learning process and will be graded.
- Teachers will have limited virtual "office hours" on scheduled daily for 20 minutes at the end of the day. Students who have questions or need extra support can check in with their teachers during their office hours for help with at-home learning assignments.
- During blended at home or 100% remote learning, your child is expected to complete all assignments provided by the teacher.
- Students and families should check our virtual platform daily for important updates from their teachers.
- All students are expected to follow the live instruction schedule
- Remote and blended learning related services will also take place according to the child’s IEP during this time.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn.
Our school has adopted a number of safety procedures in response to COVID-19 to keep our students and staff safe. Focused on preventive actions, we will be performing randomized health checks and screenings, per DOH guidance, and recognize signs and symptoms of illness in students and staff; develop plans to maximize social distancing; develop plans to manage and isolate ill persons until they can be sent home; instruct students and staff in proper hand and respiratory hygiene; require wearing appropriate face coverings; and develop cleaning and disinfection procedures for the school in accordance with CDC and DOH guidance.
- Masks and PPE: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults (teachers, staff, and visitors) and by students (with the exception being students who are medically or developmentally unable). Signage will be provided to remind students, faculty, and staff of the importance of wearing appropriate PPE.
- Handwashing and Sanitizing:Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Drop-off and pickup procedures: Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building with their child unless arrangements have been made in advance with the office.
- Bussing Procedures:
- Limiting Interaction: Where possible, students should remain with the same group of students, in a cohort, throughout the day.
- Visiting our school: We are limiting visitors to the school during this time. Parent and community volunteer and in-person tutoring have been suspended until further notice. Most parent-teacher conferences and other meetings can be held virtually. All visits must be pre-approved and scheduled with the office.
- While in the building: When you enter the building, please check in at the front desk. During check-in, you will be given a nametag and reminded to wear your mask at all times. Hungerford redesigned movement protocols within each of our buildings to minimize congestion, including designating one-way direction stairwell, single file routes, and limiting movement where possible.
- Traffic flow in hallways and common areas:Hallways are marked with arrows. Please keep at least 6 ft. distance between yourself and others.
- Social Distancing: There will be guidelines and visuals in each classroom indicating social distancing guidelines of 6 ft.
- Monitoring Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home or at a designated care facility for a minimum of 14 days. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
In addition to asking everyone to wear masks, wash hands, and maintain social distancing, our school has taken several steps to improve the safety of our staff and students. These steps have been recommended by local health authorities to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- Changes in class sizes:We've reduced the average class size based on the size of the room and guidance from the CDC and DOH.
- Improvements in ventilation:In an effort to maximize air circulation, we are opening windows whenever possible and classrooms ventilation systems have been checked to ensure they are fully functional.
- Increases in cleaning frequency:Our custodial team is committed to cleaning all classrooms twice daily, once before the school day and once in the afternoon. In addition, all classroom teachers have been provided with sanitizing wipes to wipe down surfaces and shared resources on an as-needed basis throughout the school day.
Hand sanitation: All bathrooms have been stocked with extra soap for frequent hand washing. In addition, we have provided teachers with hand sanitizer for the classroom and added hand sanitizer stations in common areas
NYC DOE COVID-19 Zone Finder
Communicating to Families.- ALL STUDENTS IN BLENDED LEARNING
- Paper Form and ATS Entry: Found on the DOE public website is the consent form. Please distribute this form with all students participating in blended in-person instruction. The form should be reviewed by the family, signed, and returned.
- NYCSA: Alternatively, caregivers may indicate consent using NYC Schools Account. This information will also display in ATS.
Consent Forms in NYCSANOTE: For ALL STUDENTS IN BLENDED LEARNING
RETURN TO SCHOOL / SCHOOL OPENINGS
Students in all grade levels in District 75 schools will return to in-person learning beginning on Thursday, December 10.
o This excludes schools currently located in State-designated Red or Orange Zones.